Home Study Visit Complete! - Greg's Perspective
Home Study Visit - 1st one is Complete...
We completed our 1st visit from our social worker on our home study. This is a major accomplishment for Sharon and I. We each had to write an autobiography which we had to answer questions on a worksheet. This worksheet leaves no stone unturned. My Bio was 10 pages long! Ick!
We used Ann Buckly Jones in Spokane Washington to complete our Home Study. Sharon and I were nervous about the two hour meeting scheduled in our home. What if she found something wrong? What if we said the wrong thing? What if she didn't like the bedroom arrangements? What if our house wasn't clean enough? What if... What IF... WHAT IF!!!!! Blah! It's enough to keep you up at night...
Sharon, Irene, and I cleaned our home from top to bottom starting a week and a half before the home study visit was to take place. Unfortunately, I was in my final week in my MBA Project Management class and had to go out of town for three days for work. I think Sharon was ready to kill, anything and everyone.
I arrived back home on Thursday March 30th and our HS meeting was scheduled for Friday March 31st at 12:30. Not to mention that my class final exam, team presentation, and team project was due hours away from when I returned. I went straight from work to pick up Irene at school and then directly to the college campus to study and put the final touches on the presentation and project. Sharon picked up Irene from UOP and I ran out to greet her (I hadn't seen her in 3 days). We assured each other all was going to be ok...
Class let out about 10pm and I got home about 10:30. The house was imaculate! Hats off to Sharon and to Irene. You guys rock. Friday morning came around after a toss and turn night. We got up to put the final touches on the house. Ann was due to show up at 12:30... Lots still to do.
After adding touchup paint to the walls - You try living with two Greyhound dog's and a Golden Retriver puppy and not having walls that are partially destroyed - we were ready at last. A quick jump into the shower and a change of clothes, I was personally ready - well, maybe not mentally.
Ann showed up at 12:35 and she immediately put us at ease. She asked if Irene would give the house tour. Ok, first stressor - Let's see if our parenting skills were up to par, was our 14 year old hormonal daughter going to ramble uncontrollably and explain how her parents are over reacting, over bearing, trolls from the deep end of misery? NO! Irene was delightful, witty, and funny! It turns out we are decent parents after all! Woo Hoo! Tour over - We talked about our lives and how a new baby would turn our world upside down. This meeting was to last 2 hours. We talked so much the meeting lasted 4 hours...
Ann - Thank you for putting us at ease and for doing our home study. Your professionalism and your way with Irene (not to mention Sharon and I) has made the HS a worthwhile pleasent experience and has also given us a unique perspective on the adoption process. Thank you....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment