Keep Holding On...
Back in January when I visited my wife and daughter in Antigua, I had not seen them since September. The months in between were tough because I was on the final classes of my masters degree. Just before the holidays we received word of our first previo. Then Christmas and the new year had come and gone with my family away. My health at the time wasn't all that great. My guess is that dealing with my family away, school, challenges with my job, and the holidays (along with the history) weighed on me heavily. The visit was badly needed and it helped Sharon and I tremendously.
On my trip home I remember sitting at the airport gate in Guatemala. I had arrived early, so I had some time to read and reflect on my visit. At one point I looked up from my book and realized that the gate area had quickly filled up. About 80% of the people there were proud new parents of newly adopted kiddo's. Everyone had stories to share with others sitting near them. In many cases the adoption process was flawless and the new parents were planning on what they were going to do when they got home. At that moment I felt that God had something in store for our family.
Our adoption process has hit many snags. Sharon has been in Guatemala since the Begining of August 2006. The day she left seems such a long time ago. The 10 month mark is approaching us and during the time that she has been away we both have had to deal with moments of frustration, despair, and the terrible longing to be with each other. Through all of our challenges I still believe God has blessed us.
Below is a video link to one of the songs that I find inspiration in holding on. While the video doesn't apply to our situation the lyrics do. Below the movie I have posted the lyrics to the song.
Baby, keep holding on. You and Bella will be home soon. I love you...
< >
You're not alone
Together we stand
I'll be by your side
You know I'll take your hand
When it gets cold
And it feels like the end
There's no place to go
You know I won't give in
no I won't give in
Keep holdin' on
'Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through
Just, stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you
I'm here for you
There's nothing you can say
Nothing you can do
there's no other way when it comes to the truth
So, keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through
So far away
I wish you were here
Before it's too late
This could all disappear
Before the doors close
And it comes to an end
With you by my side
I will fight and defend
I'll fight and defend
Keep holdin' on
'Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through
Just, stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you
I'm here for you
There's nothing you can say
Nothing you can say
Nothing you can do
nothing you can do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So, keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through
Hear me when I say
When I say I believe
Nothing's gonna change
Nothing's gonna change trust in me
Whatever's meant to be
Will work out perfectly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment