Wednesday

July 06

Exciting News!

Things have been pretty hectic around here and we have lots of news to share! First of all, we received word that our Family Court interviews are underway, which is wonderful news! Progress is being made on our case! We continue to pray for a speedy process so we can bring Isabella home as soon as possible!

Also, we spent last weekend in Vancouver visiting my dad and had a great time! We arrived Friday evening and spent a couple hours talking and showing Dad pictures and video of Isabella from our trip to Guatemala. Saturday, we decided to head up to 23rd street and do some shopping. Shopping ended up being the theme for the day and we ended up going to the Vancouver mall after 23rd Street. We found some great bargains on clearance items that we just couldn't refuse!

Dad made a very soft afghan for Isabella in lilac and white. I know it will keep her cozy and warm! He also made us a couple burp cloths that I adore! They are very thick and much more stylish than a plain cloth diaper tossed over my shoulder!!! Thank you so much, Dad!

When we returned home from our trip, we found that we had received the DNA results from the adoption. We have a 99.99% match, which is obviously a good thing! These results will also be sent to the US Embassy in Guatemala, and based on these and a review of our case file, the Embassy will hopefully issue a pre-approval for us!

Finally, the biggest news is that I will be leaving to foster Isabella in 3 weeks and 6 days! I will be moving, temporarily, to Antigua, Guatemala and will be Isabella's caregiver until the adoption is final. We hadn't planned on me going quite so soon in the process, but our agency director informed us of an opening in a bed and breakfast type establishment (minus the breakfast) that was extremely affordable in comparison to other locations. We couldn't refuse! There are two other For This Child families there now and I have been in contact with them by email. They are very sweet people and I think Isabella and I are going to have a wonderful time living there!

I miss her terribly. Today is one month since we left for our last visit. Tomorrow Isabella will be two months old. My consolation is that I will be there for her 3 month birthday. It seems like a long time from now and I pray that God gives me peace and patience these next few weeks!

Here are a couple pics of where I will be staying:

No comments:

Post a Comment