Wednesday

December 23

I've got mail

I've got mail! Yesterday, a little yellow card was brought to my door, notifying me that there was a package at the post office for me to pick up. This morning, I put Bella in the sling and headed to the post office, hoping that they were open. They were, and not even packed like the U.S. post office would be at this time of year! Amazing! So I handed in my card and was handed a HUGE box! Well, smaller than a refrigerator box but definitely larger than a bread box! It weighed about eight pounds and was big enough to be awkward if I wasn't carrying a baby and a diaper bag already! I tried tucking it under my left arm, opposite the baby, but it was much too large. I ended up juggling it from one side to the next, holding it on my shoulder, all the way home. This was one occasion it would have been handy to have been able to balance it on my head like all the Mayan women can!

I got it home and opened it, finding four wrapped Christmas gifts from Mom and Dad Jacobs. I was so touched to have these gifts here, since we won't be home to celebrate with Greg and Irene. Our own little piece of Christmas, added to the wonderful letters and candy that came a few days ago. Thank you to everyone who sent cards and letters, for helping to bring Christmas cheer to our home in Guatemala. Thanks to both Moms for thinking to send beautiful dresses to Bella. She'll have a dress for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! We love you all so much and wish we could be home with you!

Feliz Navidad!

No comments:

Post a Comment