Yakima Bound!
Our home study was finished last week and submitted to our agency for review. A social worker that works for For This Child will read the home study thoroughly, making sure that everything is clear, concise, and appropriate for a Guatemalan Adoption. Once given the thumbs up, our social worker, Anne, will then take our home study to be notarized. We will recieve three copies. One of these copies will go to USCIS (formerly INS), one will go to Guatemala, and we will keep the final copy.
Friday, we will be driving to Yakima to submit our I-600A. This is an application, that we file with USCIS to see if the United States government thinks Greg and I should be parents to a Guatemalan orphan. We will hand them a form, a copy of our beloved home study, and several hundred dollars. In return, they will take our fingerprints and then send us on our way. Seems like a long drive for nothing, right? Well, in the long run, we're hoping that it saves us time. If you mail in your form, you have to wait for them to mail you an appointment to get fingerprinted, which could be several weeks down the road. Not to mention that if there is anything within my power to speed up the process, I'm going to bend over backwards to do it. I can't wait to see my little girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment