Wednesday

May 26

Lonely



The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."
Genesis 2:17-19



I miss my husband.



I miss being held by him when I am feeling down, holding his hand in the car, and rubbing the back of his neck when he’s had a long day. I miss being able to reach out in the night and be reassured by his presence. I miss good-bye and hello kisses. I miss laying my head on his chest, smelling his cologne, and the security that comes from being wrapped in the arms of a man who loves you.



I’m trying to make due with a telephone and one of his t-shirts to sleep in. It isn’t enough. It hasn’t been enough for months now. We’ve been living in different countries for nearly ten months and last saw each other over four months ago. It is time for another hello kiss.



I miss you, Greg, and love you so very much. Someday is coming closer every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment