Wednesday

July 29

Another week in Guatemala
Where does the time go? Unless you've fostered here, you may not understand this. You would think that each day and week would drag on and on, and to some extent that's true early on. But there's also this time warp that happens when you've been here a while and know you're not going anywhere anytime soon. It's like you just blink and another week has gone by. It's almost August. WHAT?!?! Where does the time go?

One of the things Irene and I have been doing to keep ourselves amused is experimenting with new hairstyles. Irene looks adorable in her new braids and Bella was also sporting a new style today! So girly and so fun! We all went to church this morning, and since we were all dressed up, had a few picks taken. I admit that I am totally biased, but I happen to think I have two of the most beautiful girls on earth!

After church today, we came back and soaked up some sunshine while Bella played in her pool. Of course, halfway through the afternoon, she decided that she didn't want to wear her swimsuit anymore. Pics to follow.

Side note: found a recipe in an issue of Redbook magazine (had Meg Ryan on the cover) for salmon tacos and decided to try it for dinner tonight. Amazing! Definitely a recipe I'll be using often!

And, finally, we are ending the day with a decent storm. This one hasn't brought much thunder or lightening yet, but just a TON of rain. I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment