The Joys of Adopting Internationally
Thankfully, everyone at the FTC message board knows our paperchase frustrations. Where else are you going to find friends again? I have pretty much lost all of mine asking them to be a reference for our bundle of joy. "Oops, you didn't sign your name legibly, can you please do it again. Oh BTW, the state can't be abbreviated, can you please redo it? Ha ha ha. Please take out the line about the stupid things I did when I was younger. No, really - Please re-do it, again" The once glowing letter of recomendation has turned into "Please give them whatever they want just so I don't have to keep re-doing this paperwork."
Anybody military and had to get a doctor on base to sign paperwork and get it notarized? There is nothing like having to stand in the hospital commanders office telling the command level secretary how it needs to be done. The secretary couldn't figure out what kind of idiot I was. Of course I had to explain it to her... Hmmm... I'm retired military. I don't remember the last time I stood at parade rest... And to top it all off - Have you seen the military signature block???? It is full of abreviations that even their own personnel don't know the meaning to! I debated if I should go back and face the command level secretary to have her redo the letters or should I take what I have home to my wife. I decided to take my chances with my wife and hoped that all would be ok. Hmmmm, nice try Greg. Well, at least I got to practice standing at parade rest some more...
Bella, it is worth every frustration... We hope and pray to see you soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment