Wednesday

June 06 pt 2

To my friend Katie

It started pouring rain this afternoon while I was walking home from lunch and as I was struggling with my umbrella, both Bella and I getting soaked, I thought back to the NOOMA video RAIN. I thought of the incredible spiritual journey this experience is, the things I’ve learned, and the comfort I’ve been able to receive from the Lord. And I thought of you.



I remembered countless conversations we’ve had over the last six months. We’ve hung in there together through things most people will never be able to relate to. Guatemalan adoptions. Life in Antigua. Previo after previo after stinkin’ previo. We’ve seen each other in the absolute depths of despair, missing our husbands, struggling with sickness, hanging on by our fingernails. We’ve wept and yelled and questioned everything.



And we’ve eaten an enormous amount of ice cream.



Rainbow Café. Monoloco. Café Sky. McDonalds. & Café. Repeat as needed.



I’ve laughed more in the last six months than people would think because you and I just have fun. Adoption is the new black. Yellow is the new pink. Allegedly.



Thank you for allowing me to ask anything and talk through so many issues, from God and faith to marital struggles to motherhood. I’m a stronger woman because of the time I’ve spent with you. God has spoken through you to me more times than I can count. Thank you for allowing Him the opportunity. Thank you for your prayers. Thanks for all of the encouragement you’ve given me. Thanks for the compliments on everything from how I’m handling this to how my hair looks. I feel more confident now in who I am, both physically and spiritually. Thank you for sharing your wonderful friends and family, who have become such an amazing part of my journey. Thank you for sharing your son whom I adore and thank you for loving my daughter.



I am absolutely overjoyed to see your process COMPLETE and thrilled for you that your Antiguan journey is coming to a close. It really does happen.



But I am going to miss you more than I could ever put into words. I love you. Godspeed my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment