Wednesday

May 07

A birthday party in Guatemala
My daughter turned one today. I can't believe it. I suppose I'm like most other moms that way. Some days seem to drag on, especially when you're dealing with a sick or tired or cranky baby. Or when you're exhausted from being up most of the night. But before you know it, a year has passed.

My baby has become a toddler and she's on the go all of the time. She doesn't even slow down much for meals. And she's a character. She's got charm and lots of it. She piles it on thick. She bats her eyelashes and cocks her head to the side and smiles. Your heart can't help but melt. Everything is a potential phone to Bella and she holds everything up to her ear and says "Hi". Adorable. Today I caught her standing in front of the full length mirror just shrugging her shoulders and then giggling to herself.

So, at two o'clock today, we had Bella's birthday party. We had lots of friends and their babies come by and it was so fun! We had some cake and ice cream, had a blast watching Bella eat hers, and then opened presents after Bella had a quick bath. The tiara was a big hit with Mommy, but Bella wasn't so fond of it yet. Bella much preferred her new book and her new baby doll. She also got a microphone from our friend Katie that we can't wait to use. I'm pretty sure it was a joke because Bella has recently learned how to "sing" in a lovely monotone. Well, that and the fact that we always as a family here at Casa Bella, watch American Idol together. Bella's a big fan of the music and now this week she can sing along!

I'm so thankful to be here. I was able to be with Bella for her first birthday and I absolutely loved every minute of it. I am so in love with this little girl!

Isabellita,

I love you more every single day. You are such a joy to be around! You light up every room you are in and you have filled my heart completely. I hope you had a wonderful birthday, Bell Bell. I love you!

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment