Wednesday

June 02

The rain

It's here. The much anticipated return of the rainy season is upon us. For the last few days we've woken to heavy, gray clouds that hug the nearby hills so closely you can't see their outlines. It sprinkles off and on for most of the day, and a few times we've had RAIN. Get wet to your skin if you're out in it RAIN. We've lost power more times this week than in the previous four months combined. And the mosquitos? They're ba-ack. Yep. In full force.

I'm coming full circle. I arrived in the rainy season and I am seeing itbgs return. Amazing.

It's much like the onset of spring back home, where everything is once again filled with new life and hope. I'm fervently praying that we will soon re-enter PGN, and I'm clinging to the words from Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments:

Post a Comment