The Long Wait
We have been waiting for our approval letter from the immigration department for three and a half weeks! This letter is called an I 171H. As soon as we receive this letter, we are considered "paper ready" and can be placed on the waiting list for a referral. We had an update from USCIS (immigration) about ten days ago that told us our file was waiting for review and that we should receive our I 171H "within the next couple weeks". I've been making extra trips each day to come home on my lunch hour in case the I 171H arrives. For those of you who don't know, I work on the other side of town from where we live and these extra trips are certainly costing us in gas! I can't help it though- it's compulsive! The very thought that this precious letter could be in my mailbox makes me get excited! There is no option to not go home and check! I'd drive myself crazy wondering. And so, for the last ten days, I've been practically stalking our mail delivery person! USCIS, please send our I 171H so that I can have my sanity back!!!
Meanwhile, we've been trying to keep ourselves occupied by shopping for our upcoming trip to Guatemala. We will be traveling shortly after we receive our referral to sign a Power of Attorney document. Signing this form in Guatemala will save us time by avoiding the need to have the document shipped all over the US for different seals and then down to Guatemala for translation. Also, the trip will allow us some precious time with Isabella as a newborn! We are very excited and have enjoyed shopping for little things for her. We plan to stay for 5-7 days. At two outfits a day, that's a lot of clothes for Bella! There's so many things to think of... infant tylenol, mylicon drops (for baby gas), hats, thermometer, blankets, inking kit to get hand and foot prints, etc...! We're having a great time getting ready and it is helping some to keep us busy!
Please pray for the arrival of our I 171H and a speedy referral afterwards!
~Sharon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment