Wednesday

May 05

Passports Arrive!

Our passports finally came in the mail yesterday after a six week wait! What a relief! These were the final papers that we needed to send down to our agency. No, we're not sending them our passports, but they do need a photo copy of the inside page. So, we'll make one more trip to FedEx today. Along with the passports, we are sending pictures of our house, inside and out, and some family pictures. We are also sending some forms that will be needed later on in the adoption. That's it! Now, we'd be ready for referral if our 171H would just arrive. It's been two weeks, but based on the information I was able to gather from the USCIS website, it may be another three weeks before that important paper arrives. We're praying for quick processing. I want to see my baby girl!

There are several families that are right on the edge of being "paper ready" in our agency. There is going to be a rush of referrals soon, I hope. I know that it is in God's hands and that the baby He has chosen for us may or may not be born yet. However, I do admit that it is hard not to get worried or frustrated when it feels like our process isn't moving forward. I keep having to remind myself that the Lord has perfect timing and to just put my trust in Him.

I had a great time shopping with my mom for baby items a couple weeks ago. One of my friends from For This Child is visiting her son in Guatemala this week and she had offered to take some things down for us, to wait for Isabella. We had tons of fun looking at all the darling clothes, feeling the blankets to make sure they were soft, and playing with the toys trying to find the perfect (and the smallest!) one to send. We went a little crazy! My friend Julie said she had room for one gallon sized ziploc bag and after cramming and folding and pushing and squeezing, I ended up with four bags! Yikes! So I sent one with Julie and am hoping to send the others off soon with other traveling FTC families.

Isabella, we love shopping for you! It is so exciting to imagine you wearing all these tiny clothes that we picked out. We pray for you every day. You are so special and there are so many people that are loving you already! Your Granny and Papa, Grandpa Mark, Gamma and Grandpa Michael are all very excited! In fact, your Gamma chose your little toy and she sends it to you with all of her love!

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment