Home Again
Well, we had the best of intentions on keeping the website updated on our trip... and then we met Isabella and all of that went right out the window! Our trip was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. Meeting our daughter, specifically, was the most amazing thing. Isabella and I bonded so completely! I understand her, can differentiate her cries, sense her moods, and predict her needs. It is the most wonderful feeling in the entire world! It's very hard to put into words, but it amounts to love. Love - complete and unconditional. She is such a precious child and an extraordinary blessing in our lives! She loves to eat and has no patience (just like her Mommy!). When she's hungry, you have about 30 seconds until she starts shrieking! On the other hand, when her tummy is full, she coos with happiness and loves to snuggle. She is a very alert child and loves to just watch people. Often, she and I would snuggle and she would just watch Greg as he walked about the room.
Needless to say, leaving her behind was the most difficult thing I have ever had to do! I was so heart broken! Even though I knew she was going to be in safe hands with her foster family, I felt sad that I wasn't able to continue caring for her myself. In a moment of despair, I asked Greg if I was a bad mom for leaving her behind and his reply was perfect. He said, "No, you're a great Mom for coming even though you knew it would be hard". God truly speaks to us through others and I am sure that His care and concern for me was coming through Greg.
We are already planning a second visit, probably in August. Isabella went to the doctor on Monday after we left and was declared very healthy, other than a mild cold she'd had since the first day we got her! This was wonderful news as we were pretty worried about her! Also, she weighed in at 7 pounds 12 ounces! That is over 2.5 pounds more than her visit to the doctor last month! Her doctor is wonderful, by the way. When we really got concerned on Saturday (by that time she was running a low fever as well), Greg called the doctor on the phone. This wonderful man reassured us that the medicine we were giving was very appropriate and that we were doing everything we could for her! Our agency is so great to put us in contact with a doctor that is willing to take phone calls and emails from adoptive parents! Not to mention, his English is perfect!
Isabella, sweetheart, we love and miss you so very much! You stole my heart from the first time I held you and I will never forget the wonderful time we spent together! I love the way you look at me when you're feeding and the way you like to snuggle against my chest afterwards. You fit perfectly in the crook of my arm, against my shoulder, and inside my heart. I love you more than words can say and cannot wait to see you again! I pray for your safety, health, and happiness every day! May God bless you!
Love Always,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment