Wednesday

July 15

Gifts from the Lord

I can't tell you how many times I've had people comment to me that they are amazed at how well I am handling all of this and I figured it was time to set the record straight.

A very good friend of mine from home emailed me early on in my fostering days, when our case seemed "difficult" then, and reminded me of Phillipians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

What a blessing this has been to me! I've come back to this verse hundreds of times in the last year, and each time the Lord gives me something new to see in it. And I'll tell you something else- it works! When I am worried or afraid, I pray and give it to God and I find that He does indeed give me peace. I love that I have a Father who loves me so much that he wants to take on my worries and cares and make me feel better! Isn't that what daddies are supposed to do?

Here's something else He has given me. Romans 8:25
"But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."

And Psalm 37:7
"Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him"

And one more Hebrews 6:11
"...imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised"

I am able to get through each day because I have faith. I believe, without a doubt, that this adoption is the Lord's adoption. I believe we were called by God to adopt so that Bella would come to be a part of our family. I believed from the beginning that He would provide the means for the adoption and He has. I believe that He has a purpose in ALL of this. I believe that one day Bella will come home with me and our family will be united forever.

I believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment