Recovery
It's been a very long, very emotional week for us. We've been trying to wrap our minds around the reality of several more months apart and it has been difficult. Imagining another six months or more here in Antigua for me is completely overwhelming. I can't grasp that yet. My baby will be eighteen months old by that time! I'll have been separated from Greg nearly as long as we were together as a married couple! I'll have missed my daughter Irene's entire freshman year and part of her sophmore year!
So, instead of dwelling on those things which are too big to imagine, I'm trying to get through one day at a time. Each day I call my husband because he remains my biggest supporter and my best friend. As incredibly hard as this is, I know that our marriage will be stronger than ever when this is over. Each day I get out of the house. I try to meet up with friends, run errands, or just kill time by walking the streets of Antigua. And each day I thank God for what He has given us. I thank Him for our beautiful baby, this time in Antigua, and for the health of my family at home.
We're still trying to figure out how this will all work out. We are relying on God to provide for us, and so far, He has.
Two important things: We are receiving many emails and phone calls from people who want to help. We are in the process of putting some options together and as soon as we have things organized, we will announce how you all can help.
Secondly, Bella's first birthday is just two weeks away and we are asking for notes and messages to be emailed to Sharon at pointofintersection@hotmail.com Yes, we know Bella is too young to read them, but every note that is sent will be placed in a scrapbook for her. Help us celebrate this special day in this way.
Thank you for your continued prayers!
Sharon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment